Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Week

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone reads these, so I have decided I'm not going to advertise updates. I'm just going to use this as a place to remind myself of what has been going on in my life. A good journal so to speak. Even if it is a public one.

Anyways, this week went suprisingly well. Teaching is going great. I cannot express enough how much I really enjoy my students. Seeing them learn something new is truly a gift. I've been having a few problem children who don't like to do their homework, but this week I saw drastic improvement in them. I made sure to give them plenty of praise for their hard work. I really enjoy my time with my youngest class. Friday is casual Friday so we spend the class time playing games, singing songs, and coloring pictures. Today they colored pictures of cowboys, butterfies, dinosaurs, baseball players, and parrots. Now one corner of my classroom wall is proudly displaying all the hard work they did this afternoon. It's amazing how something like that can liven up a down day.

Thursday was an interesting day. Went to the hospital for a check up. Good times. Haha! I hate getting up early in the morning, especially when its raining outside. Bummer. Anyways, good news was I lost another 20lbs so far. I have a long way to go before I reach my goal but I'm determined to get there. Anyways, I showed up at school at 2pm right on time only to find out that my boss was calling in sick. So myself, and the other teacher David had to run the school all day. We had our classes, plus the phone ringing constantly, and parents coming in to speak to us. Of course they were actually coming in to speak to the boss in Korean, not us in English. Haha! Good times though. We made it through pretty well I think. We toasted our good day over dinner and drinks at a local restaurant so that was fun.

Overall the week has been good. I have recently found some new furniture and I am in the process of arranging delivery. Bought a new kitchen table and chairs, and a desk and chair. My apartment is slowly but surely coming along.

I am very thankful for having a cell phone again. It has been great talking to everyone back home. My favorite part of having a cell phone this week was having my grandmother tell me, "Oh my it sounds like your right next door". Haha! I love you Grandma! I may not be next door, but I'm thinking of you everyday. Also have to say I am sorry for Grandma and Larry's loss. They lost Larry's nephew this past week. I'm praying for Betty and her family.

No big plans for the weekend, but I'm sure something will come up. Looking into going to the foreigner flea market tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be a little warmer which I will welcome with open arms! SPRING PLEASE! Where do I sign up? :)

I feel like so far Korea has been really good to me and I am learning a lot not only about the culture and location, but I am suprisingly learning a lot about myself. Sometimes it takes good and bad things happening to you to realize what you should have seen in front of your eyes the whole time.

Which turns me to a philosophical question. What do you see when you look in the mirror? What and who do you see starring back at you? What if you look deeper? What do you see?
Talk to me........

Long Trip Alone performed by Dierks Bentley

It's a long trip alone over sand and stone
That lie along the road that we all must travel down

So maybe you could walk with me a while
And maybe I could rest beneath your smile
Everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold
'Cause it's a long trip alone

It's a short piece of time but just enough to find
A little peace of mind under the sun somewhere

So maybe you could walk with me a while
And maybe I could rest beneath your smile
You know we can't afford to let one moment pass us by
'Cause it's a short piece of time

And I don't know where I'd be without you here
'Cause I'm not really me without you there
Yea, YeahYea, Yeah, Oh
So maybe you could walk with me a while
Maybe I could rest beneath your smile
Everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold
So maybe you could walk with me a while
Maybe I could rest beneath your smile
Maybe I could feel you right beside me til' I'm home
'Cause it's a long trip alone
A long trip alone

No comments: