Monday, March 16, 2009

Recent Thoughts

Hope all is well with everyone back home in Arizona, Tennessee, and Texas. So much has been going on here in Seoul. Teaching is going great. As always, I love my students. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching my little kids sing songs that I took for granted learning in Kindergarten. I especially enjoy watching my students as they actually gain more knowledge that they have never had before. It made me feel like I was actually making a difference when I had one of the Korean/English teachers come up to me today and tell me she was shocked recently because the students are talking to her in English now more than in Korean like they were doing before coming here. It may be something small, but it is still making a difference in someones life.



Recently I have been thinking of how short our lives really are, and how we should enjoy all that we can especially given the opportunity. I feel like many of you know me to be the cautious, quiet, kind of submissive person who just floats by in life, never experiencing much of it but just existing. My, how things have changed. At least, I personally feel like they have. I have done so much since I have been here this past month. I don't regret any of it, and I know with each step I take everyday my life is becoming what I want it to be, not what everyone else expects it to be. Recent thoughts have clouded my sleeping time, and I find myself having difficulty sleeping sometimes when I have so many things running through my mind.



Life is full of surprises and yet sometimes it can be filled with regret. I regret nothing. I won't, nor will I ever. Life is what we make it, and so far I think I have made the right choices. Though at times I doubt personal decisions, I know in my heart that I am doing what is best. Haha. I feel this blog becoming so philosophical, and yet not at all. I just feel like my eyes are really wide open right now and I am seeing people for what and who they are. I don't mean it in a good or bad way. I just mean it in a general way.



So, I feel with everything going on recently, I should pick a song to post lyrics for today.

"The Beat of the Heart"- Performed by the Warren Brothers and Sara Evans


Sometimes it's hard to don't wanna look over your shoulder
'Cause you don't want to remember
where you've been
There'll come a time you die,
If you could only hold her
'Cause I know that's where I am

So listen with all your heart
Hold it inside forever
You may find all your dreams have already come true
Look inside and find the part that's leading you
'Cause that's the beat of a heart

Sometimes you'll drown it out with all your rage and thunder
Sometimes you'll drown it out with all your tears
There'll come a time when you hear it and
you'll wonder"Where in the world have I been?"

So listen with all your heart
Hold it inside forever
You may find all your dreams have already come true
Look inside and find the part that's leading you,
'Cause that's the beat of a heart

No one can tell you how to get there
It's a road you take all by yourself
All by yourself
All by yourself

So listen with all your heart
Hold it inside forever
You may find all your dreams have already come true
Look inside and find the part that's leading you
'Cause that's the beat of
Oh it's the sweetest sound,
'Cause that's the beat of a heart

No comments: