Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Because

Hello to anyone out their reading this. I really don't have anything crazy to report on to send back to you. But, I think I can keep you entertained for a few minutes. Classes yesterday (Wednesday here) were just weird. The kids were more or less fine, but it was last second changes from the principal that threw me off my step a little bit. But, no worries, I did things how she wanted so thats fine. The highlights of my day yesterday were 1) the bakery I visted on the way home to get dinner. Very good sandwiches on rye bread with lettuce, cucumbers, pickles, tomatoes, and salmon. 2) getting to chat with Mike after a rough day. That was the most of my day yesterday. A highlight for the middle of the night would be the emails I received from Mom asking me why I was having such a wonderful time here. It gave me the opportunity to really explain to her why I feel like my life is so much better here than it was in the states. I woke up this morning and FINALLY figured out how to turn the valve on for my stove so I could cook breakfast. Woohoo for fresh strawberries and scrambled eggs! Today is a short day for teaching. I'm supposed to meet Cindy (my principal) and David (another teacher) for lunch at 1pm and then I'll be teaching 3:30-5:30 today and then observing David again from 5:30-8:00. The time at school goes by very quickly. Its supposed to snow a little tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope it doesn't happen when I am walking home because knowing me I would probably slip and fall in it. Now wouldn't that really give the Koreans in my neighborhood something to gossip about! The American who fell on her ass. Haha! Well, thats all for now.

Craig- Your postcard will be sent out this weekend.
Lorrie- Thanks for the emails girl! I don't have anyone here yet to really have girl talk with so your emails are keeping me sane right now :)
Ingrid- Less than 9 weeks to go for your baby boy! He is going to be cute as hell I'm sure. Miss you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You should follow this blog too. It's more about our life then the other one.
http://mcdermottbaby.blogspot.com/

Need your email so I can wirte you. Miss you tons girlie

Lorrie#7 said...

I just read all your blog entries since you got there... Awesome!!Sounds like you are doing great!
So glad you like it & you like your job. Too bad its so cold, when will it start warming up there?? food sounds interesting but good!!..You will be cooking Korean food soon I bet, haha!! Look forward to talking!! Love & Miss ya!! Lorrie

Emily said...

Hey Girl, Love reading about your days and am very glad you are enjoying everything. Work is just work...lol next week they only gave me 13 hours...you sould see all the new faces. in such a short time... Have you found BINGO yet? Sorry it took me so long to post. I am new at these things...lol
Chat later, Emily